Thursday, August 21, 2014

Creative Writing

Ghost Story


 

Suspense story:

Three months passed, each day more sorrowful than the preceding one. On the ninety-ninth day of our isolation, something uncalled for happened. While Laura was walking passed a coconut tree, one coconut released its grasp on the tree, and let go, to fall straight on her head. She received a coma for twelve hours, and when it was time to eat supper, Clare refused to let her eat. “She hasn’t done anything for us today. I’m not letting her to eat any of my hard work.” I pleaded unsuccessfully with Clare to allow the hungry Laura to eat some essential food. I exchanged fresh water and bananas for a small fish and I dragged Laura to my cave to eat.
Laura’s hair was thinning, fast. Her eyes drooped. When I asked her to play a song, she did not reply. Only after a while, did she even make a movement. She took out a black tube, which looked like a flute. But it wasn’t. It was a fighting tool, full of fiery material which I discovered. Then, she spoke a sound. It was dark and mysterious, like a ghost’s whimper. I shivered when I heard it. She claims “Clare has been abusing me at night. I want to get my revenge. She asked me if I would like to join her. Feeling overwhelmed, I told her that I wasn’t going to kill Clare. So, she crawled out of my cave.